You may feel like the world of AI has exploded recently. It’s making it an exciting time to be a creator! AI can now do a lot of the heavy lifting for your content creation, helping out with everything from new ideas and scripting, right through to promotion and analytics.
The flipside is that there's a seemingly endless choice of powerful AI tools out there. And a lot of overcomplicated tutorials too! To help you navigate the ever-expanding world of AI, we’ve picked out the best tools for improving your creative process and simplified how to use them.
We’ll touch on the big hitters like ChatGPT and Stable Diffusion that you might have heard of already. But we’ll also introduce some lesser-known tools that are changing the game for creators like you. The best bit is, most of them are completely free to use!
Read on for tips on how you can conjure up ideas in seconds. Completely transform and streamline your editing capabilities. And let AI help you reach a bigger audience!
- AI explained
- Plan your video with AI
- Use AI to create content
- Let AI cut your editing process
- Grow your channel with AI
- Learn about the risks of using AI
- Embrace AI’s possibilities!
A brief introduction to AI
AI is short for artificial intelligence. While it might sound like science fiction, AI programs use clever algorithms to carry out tasks that humans would do. What might be surprising is how much you already use AI every day.
Think about things you use all the time like spell check and Google Translate. Previously these tasks would’ve been done by people, but can now be done by AI far quicker. Simple tools like this are everywhere, but the next generation of AI programs is here to shake things up!
For content creators like you, that means using AI to take time-consuming tasks off your plate. Some of the jobs that might have been a bit of a chore can now be done in seconds. AI can streamline your workflow and free you up to do more of what you love!
Now you can come up with a year’s worth of video ideas in a matter of minutes. Write out a full script by typing out a few simple commands. Thanks to AI tools like ChatGPT, making awesome videos has become a whole lot easier. And we’re going to show you how!
What is ChatGPT?
You’ll want to get to know ChatGPT, an AI-powered chatbot that has brought AI technology to the mainstream. Over 100 million users flocked to ChatGPT for help and advice in the first two months after it launched in November 2022.
It’s crazy simple to use. Just type in a question or request and it’ll give you a human-like response. The only limit is your own imagination. For instance, you might tell ChatGPT that you’re a content creator that specializes in true crime vlogs and you’re looking for inspiration. ChatGPT will fire off multiple suggestions in seconds.
As it’s a chatbot, you can refine ChatGPT’s answers with a bit of back and forth. Once ChatGPT gives you ideas for true crime vlogs, ask it for different infamous heists you could talk about. In an instant you’ve gone from a new video idea to a whole series. Then ask how you could adapt your videos for YouTube Shorts and you’ve got yourself an entire content strategy!
Plan a video in seconds using AI
1. Spark new ideas - Kiss goodbye to those moments where creativity escapes you. Now you can come up with fresh content ideas in seconds. AI platforms like StoryLab.ai are designed to fire off dozens of awesome ideas at the stroke of a keyboard. With the right prompts, ChatGPT can give you loads of new concepts too!
2. Write a script - Ever spent hours honing the perfect script? Let AI give you a head start by creating one in seconds. AI copywriting tools like Jasper.ai and Writesonic can pump out a full script using just a few simple prompts such as topics, word count and tone of voice. ChatGPT can be equally useful for scriptwriting too!
3. Access different experts - Wouldn’t it be great if you had a team of experts on hand to help shape your content? Step forward Character.ai, which is basically ChatGPT with multiple personalities.
Chat to a creative writer who can help with your scripts. Ask a debate champion to help you formulate arguments. You can even get expert opinions from a psychologist or a dating expert. These AI personas draw on the internet’s expertise and answer your questions as though you’re speaking to a real industry heavyweight.
Create AI-powered content
4. Generate custom video - Pulling together a title sequence or hunting for the perfect b-roll can be really time-consuming. But now you can cut out chunks of the video creation process by delegating them to AI!
Sites like Pictory, Synthesia, and Lumen5 allow you to feed in a script and then automatically create content you can drop into your video. It can even create a video from a blog post!
5. Get an original soundtrack - Any creator would love to have their own bespoke soundtrack on videos, wouldn’t they? AI music is in its infancy, but already sites like Boomy and Soundraw.io can produce entirely new unique tracks.
Fair warning, the quality is pretty basic and there’s horror stories of users getting copyright claims. For a truly stand out soundtrack for your video, you’re probably better off exploring a catalog of the best royalty-free music out there. Y’know, like Uppbeat!
6. Ask AI to find your perfect soundtrack - While AI-generated music isn't at the levels of real musicians, AI can still help you find great music. Uppbeat's AI Playlist Generator allows you to describe what you're looking for and creates a custom playlist just for you. Give it a try and see how quickly it can serve up your ideal soundtrack!
7. Conjure unique imagery - Sometimes it's hard to find the perfect photo for social posts or video thumbnails. Why not skip the search and get AI to create it for you! You can explore loads of text-to-image generators out there with the likes of Stable Diffusion, Midjourney, and OpenAI’s own Dall-E 2 all capable of creating bespoke imagery. All you need to do is type in what you’re after.
8. Rope in an AI voiceover - Hiring a voiceover artist is beyond the budget of most creators, but now you can add a professional polish to your videos for free! Tools like Speechify and Murf AI give you human-sounding audio clips simply by typing in the text you want them to say.
Take things to the next level by having someone like Snoop Dogg or Ariana Grande ask your viewers to subscribe. Uberduck.ai lets you sprinkle a bit of stardust on your videos. Get celebrity audio clips without paying A-list prices!
9. Bring still photos to life - Want an easy way to animate your still photos and give your videos an air of Harry Potter-esque magic? Of course you do! Deep Nostalgia can take any still photo and animate it. You could give life to a long-lost historical figure, or even animate a younger picture of yourself!
Simplify your editing process
10. Streamline your video editing - Editing is an important part of the process, but it can be pretty time-consuming. Fortunately, you can cut your studio time dramatically by fobbing laborious tasks off on AI!
In fact, most editing software now has useful AI-powered add-ons. Runway ML allows you to easily remove a background and take advantage of motion tracking using AI. And Davinci Resolve boasts a seriously impressive Magic Mask feature and face refinement tools.
11. Slow down your footage - Sometimes you want to slow things down and add a slow-mo sequence to your video. If you’ve ever tried making parts of your video slow motion, you’ll know that it’s near-impossible if you’ve not shot with a high frame rate.
That’s where Video AI by Topaz comes in! It might be one of the more expensive AI tools out there, but it gives you incredible flexibility as a creator. Enhance your edit with awesome slow-mo b-roll taken from literally any footage you have!
12. Elevate your audio - Ever thought you’d captured some awesome footage only to watch it back and realize the sound is terrible? Bad audio can ruin a video! Thankfully AI is here to help clean it up.
Take out background noise and make your audio crystal clear for free using Adobe Podcast. Or you can take things a step further and isolate a voice from the rest of an audio track with Lala.ai!
Grow your channel with AI
13. Boost video performance with AI insights - So you’re ready to share your video with the world. You want to give it the best chance of reaching a bigger audience, right? Imagine always having an expert on hand to tell you how you can get more views.
AI-powered tools like VidIQ and TubeBuddy do exactly that, giving you priceless insights that can help your content take off. They can recommend the best keywords to use for YouTube SEO, give you ideas for future videos, and even tell you when you should post.
14. Optimize your thumbnails - Standing out from the crowd is so important when you want your videos to be seen by as many people as possible. You want your thumbnail to grab people’s attention and get them clicking on your videos.
Use AI image generators to create incredible artwork that’ll pique people’s interest. As well as the likes of Stable Diffusion and Dall-E 2 that can produce bespoke artwork, you can also use Avatar AI to create unique imagery using your own photos.
15. Let AI take care of your video copy - When you’re ready to publish your video, never be tempted to rush your title and description. It can make a huge difference in reaching a wider audience! If it’s something you’d rather pass on, or you’re just stuck for inspiration, get AI to help you out.
AI tools can bust out a selection of punchy titles, gripping descriptions, and even give you an engrossing social post too. Jasper.ai has different options to help you structure each piece of writing, while ChatGPT can also help you out if you ask it the right questions.
What are the risks of using AI?
It’s an exciting time to be a creator with all the possibilities that AI gives you. But while making your life easier is no bad thing, you should still be cautious about relying too heavily on AI.
As you can see from this article, AI is pretty impressive. But there’s still a noticeable difference in quality compared to what people can produce. Getting AI to make you a video clip can save a lot of time, but it’s unlikely to be better than what you’d create yourself!
It’s also worth bearing in mind that when gathering information, AI programs are trained to give you a mashup of existing content taken from the internet. The likes of ChatGPT will answer your query, but what they give you might not technically be original.
There’s no doubt that AI helps massively, but it’s no replacement for your own creativity. Don’t think that AI tools are going to be able to replicate the success of Mr Beast any time soon!
This blog post is the perfect example. We could’ve asked ChatGPT to write about how AI can help your creative process, and it would’ve done a job. But we want to give you the best possible advice, and AI simply isn’t up to the task.
How to write the best AI prompts
AI struggles to come up with things from scratch and relies on you guiding it to find what you want. In that way AI is only as good as the prompts you give it! No matter what platform you’re using, there are three things to keep in mind when giving prompts to AI.
Be clear 🗣️
Don’t leave any room for AI to get confused about what you want. Get straight to the point and ask AI outright what you’re after. Steer clear of including anything ambiguous and write your prompt in clear, simple language. The more direct you are, the easier it’ll be for AI to answer your question.
Give as much detail as possible 📖
Help AI tools to get as close to what you have in mind as possible. Give as much information as you can and use different adjectives to make your description as accurate as possible. Consider weaving in examples of what you want, and suggesting tones or styles that match what you’re looking for.
Refine your question and ask again! 🙋
Haven’t got what you’re looking for? Just ask AI to change the bits you’re not happy with! Being able to go back and forth is one of the benefits of AI tools. It allows you to keep improving the results you get. Experiment with different ways of asking AI questions and see what gets the best results!
Embrace the possibilities of using AI!
You should now have a good idea of AI’s capabilities and how it can turbocharge your creativity. Learn to work with a handful of these tools and see how they can help you create great content by taking away some of the time-consuming jobs you just don’t fancy.
Treat AI as your own personal assistant when it comes to planning, creating, and editing your videos. Sign up to ChatGPT and in seconds you’ll have ideas that will fuel your channel for months. Explore the infinite possibilities for awesome imagery on Stable Diffusion. And check out how the AI features in your editing software can save you precious time.
AI allows you to outsource almost any part of the creative process and focus your energy on the part of making content that you love. It’s no substitute for human creativity, but don’t be afraid of using AI to your advantage. See it as another weapon in your creative arsenal!